Pages

Monday, July 23, 2012

Introspection from the Interior

I'm a city girl to the core. I love the energy that flows up through the soles of my boots as I take brisk steps on the bustling streets teeming with people.  I sense my own "otherness" yet know completely that I am a significant piece of this puzzle.  Inspiration is forever revealing itself in the sea of faces that envelope me.  Every crumbling facade, tarnished brass door knocker, and tower of steel and brick call to the magic in me.   Yet the power of the Interior speaks to me, as I stare up at the tiny summer waterfalls that cascade down the crevices of the massive mountains.  Here, I recognize my place in the universe. These swollen rivers, dignified Spruce, and endless stately mountain ranges have no need of me.  They stare down Mother Nature and me with their vast systems of roots that continue to perpetuate their story.  Someone called it their "indifference" but I think rather they are teaching me what it means to thrive. Two halves of the whole, I think I need them both.  To contemplate the world around me.  To know myself.  To recognize the next step, or where this part of the journey ends.  Elemental and terrestrial.

No comments: