Pages

Sunday, October 14, 2007

When I rise...

I love cool dark mornings when no one else is awake. I curl up with a cup of steaming fall flavored chai and let my mind wonder, praying and pondering life as i know it. Mornings like these are rare in the V in the City girls' apartment. Our early part of the day is usually filled with closet raids, outfit checks, increasingly colder showers, and discussions of who is bringing lunch and who is stopping to pick up the much needed and completely addictive Sbux and whether furry boots are appropriate the week after 90 degree weather. (Also serious prayers for J's 3rd grade class - with all their powers combined they are akin to anti-christ Power Rangers) This morning is different though...it is one of those perfect mornings that provide the deliciously peaceful foundation for one those perfect days that are just as rare. I sit quietly contemplating the deep things...man's search for wisdom, the true meaning of logos, and the appropriateness of me wearing my favorite Jefferson Airplane t-shirt and a cut-off jean skirt to our teacher's retreat in Indy. This hellish week has finally ended and I have lived to fight another day. In the words of my favorite modern day philosopher, John Mayer - But this morning, there's a calm I can't explain, rock candy's melted, only diamonds now remain.

No comments: